Enter for a chance to win a trip to Washington, D.C. for a family of four (four days, three nights, hotels & flights included) (ARV = $4,025). No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), 21 years or older. Sweepstakes begins February 29, 2016. Entries must be received no later than April 1, 2016, 11:59:59 PM (CT). One winner will be selected at random on or about April 4, 2016. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited by law.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE
BRING HISTORY TO LIFE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL U.S., AND WHEREVER ELSE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with, and abide by, these Official Rules and the decisions of Sourcebooks, Inc./Put Me In The Story (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
How to Enter:
- To enter the Bring History to Life Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), review these Official Rules and fill out the entry form, including your first and last name, age and email address. Sweepstakes begins February 29, 2016. Entries may be sent via this website only and must be received no later than April 1, 2016, 11:59:59 PM Central Time. Limit one entry per person per day regardless of whether Entrant has more than one email address. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Sourcebooks, Inc./Put Me In The Story (“Sponsor”). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
- From all eligible entries received, one (1) grand prize winner will be chosen in a random drawing held on or about April 4, 2016 by Sponsor.
- Winner will be notified by email and asked to provide his/her shipping address. Individuals who receive notification of winning must respond within seven (7) days, or will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The prize will be awarded within thirty (30) days after Winner is verified.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- One winner will win a trip to Washington, D.C. for four. This includes four (4) days, three (3) nights, hotels and flights included. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) equals four thousand twenty five ($4,025.00).
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
- If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Grand Prize winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules then the Grand Prize winner will be disqualified, and the Grand Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing.
- The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective prize winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
- Travel related to the Grand Prize must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary and hotel and accommodations in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier(s) of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Grand Prize Winner will not receive difference between actual retail value and ARV. Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason
- All travel must be completed by December 24, 2016 and must be arranged with Sponsor a minimum of thirty (30) days in advance, and is subject to availability and Sponsor’s approval. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to fulfill Grand Prize during time period, Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and once made may not be altered except by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Meals incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If Grand Prize Winner is not legally eligible for travel to the destination, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. Grand Prize Winner and travel companions must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), 21 years or older. Employees of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
Beginning May 1, 2016 you may obtain the name of the winner by a self-addressed stamped envelope to attn.: Bring History to Life Sweepstake/ Publicity, Sourcebooks Inc., 1935 Brookdale Road Ste. 139, Naperville, IL 60653.
- This Sweepstakes will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. These Official Rules shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Sweepstakes-related materials.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash. No cash substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes allowed. In the event of the unavailability of a prize or prizes, Sponsor may substitute a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
- By accepting the prize the winner grants to Sponsor the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their entries in connection with this Sweepstakes, and to further use his/ her names, likeness and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By competing in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, their parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss harm, injuries, damages, cost or expenses arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize(s). Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Illinois. The remedy for any claim will be limited to actual damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNATITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES AND OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- Sponsor’s principle place of business is 1935 Brookdale Road # 139, Naperville, IL 60563.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.