Winter Break Fun for Mom: Cocktails, Mocktails & Coloring
Having your children home for winter break can be overwhelming. Between the holiday madness, running them to events, and keeping them entertained, it can be really draining for a mom!
Have your spouse watch your kids for an hour or so and give yourself some much-needed (and much-deserved!) alone time to relax and unwind with an adult coloring book and a delicious cocktail or mocktail – recipes below.
No one available to watch your kids? Turn it into a family party with alcohol-free mocktails for all and a personalized coloring book for you to share, like Let's Color Together, or a personalized coloring book for kids, like our Hello Kitty coloring books!
Some of our favorite personalized adult coloring books include:
- Keep Calm and Color On: For You Inner Creative
- Keep Calm and Color On: For Stress Relief
- Today Is The Day!
- Joyous Blooms to Color
Raspberry Prosecco Punch Cocktail
- 1 cup raspberries, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Frozen raspberries or ice
- 1 bottle (750-mL) Prosecco, chilled
- Mint, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice and simmer on low heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- To make individual cocktails, add a handful of frozen raspberries and 2 tablespoons of raspberry syrup to a wine glass. Top with prosecco and garnish with mint if using.
Not drinking? Make it an alcohol-free mocktail with this recipe:
Sparkling Raspberry Mocktail
- Frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups of cold water
- Frozen raspberries (or fresh)
- Sparkling white grape juice
- In a small pitcher mix frozen lemonade and three cups of water
- For ice-cubes sprinkle raspberries into an ice cube tray and then slowly pour the raspberry lemonade mix over them. Set the remaining drink mix aside until later. **(If you are using deep ice cube trays I recommend only filling 1/2 way high so they will fit in champagne flutes).
- When ready to serve add ice cubes to each glass and pour about one tablespoon of the raspberry lemonade in the bottom of each glass.
- Top off the glass with sparkling grape juice and toast!