Crafts for Kids: Make a No-Sew Reading Bunny for under $5!
Spring has sprung and we're counting down the days to Easter! Perfect for ages 4 and up, this up-cycled craft is a fun way to spend time together during spring break. You can find most of the supplies you need at home or you can buy them for less than $5! What are you waiting for? Hop to it!
- Rubber bands (3)
1. Pick your sock! Sort through that pile of mismatched socks in your laundry room to find the perfect one.
2. Fill the sock up to the heel with rice
Tip: To give your bunny a different feel, use beans or cotton balls instead. You can also add a spoonful of potpourri or a 1-2 drops of essential oil to make your bunny smell sweet. Lavender essential oil is great for soothing little ones!
3. Use rubber bands to form the shape of the bunny. Tie off the top part of the sock to keep the rice from pouring out. Then tie off the head, body, and finally the tail.
4. Cut a slit in the top of the sock and round the edges to create two ears.
Tip: Trim each side more to make short ears instead of floppy ones
5. Time for the finishing touches! Tie a ribbon around the bunny's neck and use a marker to draw on eyes and a nose.
Done! This cute little bunny makes a great pal for storytime, and also looks adorable tucked inside an Easter basket!